Saturday, July 10, 2010

Behind Already...

So much for posting everyday right? Oh well, nobody's perfect. In all honesty I didn't share my plans in the first post anyway. This week has been my prep week anyway. I've mainly been trying to get my training schedule settled and get my mind around running 13.1 miles all at one time.

Anyway, I've bought myself a book, Complete Book of Running from Runner's World and also the most recent issue of Runner's World which has a feature on the half-marathon. I've really just started reading it, but so far so good. As one chapter put it, If Oprah can do it, so can You. You read me right, Oprah!?!

I've decided to use the training schedule outlined on the race's website here. I will start on Monday with the suggested interval training. Because it's so hot--starting training in Georgia in Summer, what was I thinking?--I'm planning to run in the morning before work three days a week and at our church's gym one afternoon a week. So that's the plan, now let's see how it goes.

As I've mentioned, I really like movies, so to end this post, here's a quote from one I watched the other day and really enjoy being a former baseball player and all:


Crash Davis: Yeah, I was in the show. I was in the show for 21 days once - the 21 greatest days of my life. You know, you never handle your luggage in the show, somebody else carries your bags. It was great. You hit white balls for batting practice, the ballparks are like cathedrals, the hotels all have room service, and the women all have long legs and brains.

No comments:

Post a Comment