Monday, July 12, 2010

Training Day 1

Training Day 1 is complete and I'm happy to report it went quite well I think. I didn't struggle to get out of bed too badly when the alarm went off at 6:00 this morning, some 45 minutes before usual. I completed my run in the allotted 18 minutes and fortunately did not end up too far from my front door. I believe I went just over a mile; not too far, but I'm sticking to the training regimen. All in all, a good first "run".

Two things to add about my training. First, new shoes will definitely be in order by this coming weekend. Second, I've decided to add some Wii Fit Yoga to my off days in hopes of improving flexibility and also forcing myself to get up at the same time everyday during the wee

As you may also notice, I have added a Weight Tracker to the right. I will enter my weight as I weigh each morning when I post to record how that effort goes. I've also added the blogs I currently follow and I'm sure more will be added. Check them out!

Now, if you haven't noticed, I'm planning to close each post with a movie quote, so here you go:

Coach Boone: We will be perfect in every aspect of the game. You drop a pass, you run a mile. You miss a blocking assignment, you run a mile. You fumble the football, and I will break my foot off in your John Brown hind parts and then you will run a mile. Perfection. Let's go to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment